Baseball Development & Using Advanced Data with Brian Keller
In this episode, we are joined by Brian Keller, a professional baseball player who has pitched for the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox organizations, and now the Hanshin Tigers in Japan. Brian has one of the best development stories going from a lightly recruited high school baseball player, to a late round draft pick, and now he is entering his eighth season as a professional baseball player.
Brian and I specifically cover:
- What he has learned about developing as a pitcher from high school and into professional baseball
- Advanced pitch data: What makes a good pitch?
- How he learned to use Trackman and Rapsodo to evaluate his pitching performance and aid his development
- How he has utilizes the gym to aid his development and prepare for the season
- The benefits of playing multiple sports for developing as a pitcher
- The correlation between his golf swing and pitching
- The one thing he would do differently when he was in high school to help him develop quicker
Brian is one of the smartest pitchers that I have ever talked to. I always learn something new about pitching mechanics, gripping pitchers, or pitch design when I talk to him. If you are at all interested in baseball development, this is a can’t-miss podcast.
You can follow along with Brian on Instagram or Twitter @bkell721
At Kinetic Sports Medicine and Performance, we help baseball players recover from injury, stay healthy and maximize their performance. Whether it is dealing with some soreness in the front of your shoulder, recovering from Tommy John surgery, or performing a 3D Motion analysis of your pitching mechanics to help improve your performance, we can help. Learn more about our philosophy with baseball players.