Baseball Orthopedic Surgeon Podcast
Today I am joined by baseball orthopedic surgeon Dr. Patrick Jost. Dr. Jost is extremely well trained having a residency at one of the top hospitals in the country, after that he completed a fellowship under renowned baseball orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. During this time he gained knowledge and experience working with high-level throwing athletes.
Subsequently, he returned to Milwaukee and works with local athletes and adults to care for many common orthopedic conditions. Additionally, he serves as a team orthopedic surgeon for multiple local high schools.
- Common elbow injuries and pain locations in baseball players
- His recommended treatments of the elbow before heading for Tommy John surgery
- Common shoulder injuries he sees in baseball players and why some players have difficulty coming back from labral injuries
- Why seeing a good physical therapist that works with baseball players frequently is so important
- The pros and cons to getting an MRI in baseball players
- Interval return-to-throwing programs and why they are so important in baseball players
Reach out to Dr. Jost:
Via phone: (414) 276-6000
Are you a baseball or softball player that is currently managing an elbow injury or are returning to sport following elbow injury or surgery? We work with baseball and softball players to help them recover from injuries, play pain free or enhance their performance. We commonly see conditions ranging from minor injuries like general shoulder or elbow pain to post operative rehabilitation and reconditioning. See our approach to working with baseball players or reach out today to schedule a free consultation to learn how we can help you and see if you are a good fit for our clinic.