Running Coach Podcast
Today, Lauren sits down with running coach CJ Michaud who is the co-head coach for the combined boys and girls cross country and track programs at Muskego High School. Coach CJ also teaches AP English Literature at the high school and has been at Muskego since 2002.
Topics discussed today:
- What led to CJ becoming a high school running coach
- What has led Muskego to have such a physically dominant presence in running
- Why atrophy is the enemy of the human body
- The average mileage or frequency of running per week for CJ’s athletes’
- Some of the more overlooked skills and qualities needed to develop as a good distance runner
- How has CJ managed his athletes’ throughout the pandemic to be prepared for the next season
Follow Muskego Cross Country, Track & Field:
Are you a runner that is dealing with pain or injury? Do you need a plan for the gym to help improve your performance? We can help, we have supported over 100 runners in the greater Milwaukee area, ranging from athletes trying to complete a race for fun and fitness to competitive high school and Olympic runners. Check out our full array of services or contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help.