Difference Between Athletic Training and Physical Therapy Podcast
In this episode, Michael and Lauren talk through the differences between athletic training and physical therapy. We are both proud athletic trainers at heart that then went back to physical therapy school. We try to share our unique insight having both worked professional as certified athletic trainers prior to becoming physical therapists.
Specifically we cover:
- The many hats athletic trainers have to wear
- The difference in mindset from athletic training to physical therapy
- Some of the major differences between the jobs
- Some of the major similarities and overlap between the professions
- How athletes should use both type of professionals to get the optimal outcome
- How these two professions can work together to help provide the best care
- Why every high school player should bring their high school athletic trainer a cookie
We hope this episode is helpful in clearing up some of the misunderstandings about these two professions. We hope it gives useful guidance to athletes and families on how to utilize these to great professions and finally, we hope it sheds some light on the differences for any high school students that are debating what they want to do when they grow up.
At Kinetic we are very proud that we use our knolwedge as both athletic trainers and physical therapists to treat our patients and hep them return back to the activities that they love. We believe in treating the whole athlete. Additionally, we believe in working together as a team with those surrounding your care (nutritionist, athletic trainer, physician, etc.) to maximize your experience and ensure you have a plan to keep you healthy, out of pain, and active! If you are interested in learning more about our patient care philosophy and services, click the underlined links to take you to the associated pages. Contact us to schedule your visit today!