Lactate Threshold Training with Coach Jack
We are excited to bring you another episode with Running Coach Jack Hackett! Today we are going to discuss lactate threshold training. Jack joined us on Episode 2 of Season 1 of the podcast to discuss all things running, including stretching, strength training, foot strike and cadence. If you haven’t listened to that episode, you should take the time to go back and listen! Today, we are going to dive into lactate threshold training and how that can help you run faster!
Jack was an exercise physiology major and a collegiate runner at Marquette University for four years, where he ran cross country and the distance events in track. Following his time at Marquette, he continued to train and run professionally for a brief period before an injury kept him from going further. Beyond running, Jack has recently started his own company, Infinity Running Company or as many affectionately call it – Infinity Run Co. Jack works with runners of all levels who are working to achieve their goals!
Topics discussed today:
- Breakdown of lactic acid and how we create our own energy
- How do you train to improve your lactate threshold
- High neuromuscular load to low neuromuscular load: your brain at work
- Benefits of sprinting for distance runners
- Building your base of strength to produce more power when running
- What lactate threshold training looks like for the recreational and advanced runner.
Are you a runner that is dealing with pain or injury?
Do you need a plan for the gym to help improve your performance? We can help, we have supported over 100 runners in the greater Milwaukee area, ranging from athletes trying to complete a race for fun and fitness to competitive high school and Olympic runners. Check out our full array of services or contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help.