Sports Mental Performance with Joana Bromley
In this episode, we discuss sports mental performance with Joana Bromley. Joana is a certified mental performance consultant that owns JCB Mental Performance. She specializes in helping youth athletes learn mental skills and develop mental tools that will help them in on field performance.
Today Joana and I discuss:
- What mental skills and mental tools are and why they are important for athletes
- Mental tools she used as a D1 Soccer player for the Wisconsin Badgers
- Why players and coaches need an interdisciplinary team to help them achieve peak performance
- Trends she is seeing that are contributing to burnout in youth sports
- Techniques that parents and athletes can use to deal with stress and anxiety
- Some of the most common mental skills she works on in athletes recovering from injury
Mental performance is becoming a more and more important aspects of sports at the professional, college and youth levels, Joana has a lot of first hand experience as both a player, coach and mental performance consultant and shares a lot of great insights today. Whether you are an athlete, a coach or a parent of an athlete you will learn a lot from this episode.
Learn more about Joana:
Listen to this episode above, on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
If you enjoyed this episode, we would sincerely appreciate it if you would leave a rating, a review and subscribe to our podcast on Apple Podcasts, this will really help spread the word so other athletes and families can learn more about sports medicine and sports performance.
If you are an athlete that is currently managing an injury we would love to help! We have helped over 300 high school, college and professional athletes return to sports and maximize their performance in the last 3 years. Set up a free consultation today!