Sports Nutrition Podcast
On today’s episode, we talk with sports dietitian Nicole Kerneen about all things related to sports nutrition for athletes and active people. Nicole is a dietitian in the Milwaukee area and owns and operates Way of Life Nutrition in Wauwatosa. She has a wealth of experience as a sports nutritionist in a variety of settings from hospitals, private clinics, and athletics at the high school, college and professional levels.
In today’s episode we cover:
- Foundational nutritional principles in athletes
- Common mistakes athletes make with sports nutrition
- Why breakfast is important
- The importance of the timing of meals throughout an athletes day
- Pre and post workout sports nutrition
- Nutrition for injured athletes
- Some of Nicole’s favorite easy snacks, breakfast ideas and food prep strategies for busy athletes
This episode is packed full of information and no matter your athletic or wellness goals, you will be able to take some helpful information from this episode. I know I learned a lot during this conversation, so grab something to take some notes with an enjoy!
At Kinetic we believe in treating the whole athlete, and nutrition is a big component. Additionally, we believe in working together as a team with those surrounding your care (nutritionist, physician, etc.) to maximize your experience and ensure you have a plan to keep you healthy, out of pain, and active! Learn more about our patient care philosophy and services. Contact us to schedule your visit today!
Learn more about Nicole and Way of Life Nutrition: https://wayoflifenutrition.com/