Talking Tendons with Brett Ferstl
On the podcast today we speak with Dr. Brett Ferstl, PT at Kinetic Sports Medicine and performance on how to treat tendon pain.
Tendon pain has been called many things over the years, tendonitis, tendonosis and more recently tendinopathy. For all athletes, from the competitive team sport athlete, to the recreational runner to the weekend warriors, tendon pain is very common and can be a nuisance that affects your performance for an extended period of time.
- Common areas of tendon pain
- What tendon pain feels like
- When you should seek professional guidance on your tendon pain
- Myths around treating tendon pain
- How to effectively treat tendon pain
- Why you need a maintenance program after you return to your sport or activities
If you have ever dealt with tendon pain in your knee, achilles, hip, elbow or shoulder you will learn a lot from this episode!
If you are currently dealing with tendon pain we would love to help! We offer a free consult at our office where you can meet with one of our therapists and get a clear understanding of exactly what is going on and what you need to do about it going forward. Contact us today!
If you want to learn even more about tendons, specifically managing tendon pain as a runner, check out Sydney’s blog on Treating Tricky Tendons in Runners.