To Brace or To Tape, That is the Question
In this episode, Lauren and Michael talk about whether you should wear a brace after injury. Lately, this has been a very common question in our office. Many athletes and families wonder if they should wear a brace after a injury, whether a minor sprain or when returning from surgery. As with most things, there is no one right answer for everyone, but there are considerations for each specific case.
Lauren and Michael cover:
- The difference between taping and bracing after an ankle sprain
- Do knee sleeves help?
- Should you wear a brace after ACL surgery?
- What does rolled up pre-wrap around your knee actually do?
- Should you wear a harness after a shoulder dislocation?
- Can bracing or taping prevent injuries?
- And much more
This episode is designed to be very practical and we cover specifics on the ankle, knee and shoulder taping and bracing. So if you’ve wondered whether a brace will help you, give it a listen!
If you are an athlete that is recovering from an injury and feel like you don’t have a plan or enough guidance on how to get back on the field, schedule a free consult today. You can spend 20-30 minutes with one of our doctors of physical therapy to get specific recommendations and guidance on a plan to get you out of pain and back to performance.