ACL Rehab Podcast with Robb Lamb
In this episode we talk with Robb Lamb about ACL Rehab. Robb is an athletic trainer and strength and conditioning coach at tangelo health in Seattle, Washington. Robb has a special interest in working with athletes recovering from ACL injury and runs a ACL bridge program for athletes in later stages of rehab preparing to return-to-sport.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why your quads shut off after ACL surgery and some of Robbs favorite techniques to restore quad function in ACL rehab
- Rate of force development: what it is, why it is important and how Robb likes to work on rate of force development at different points in the rehab process
- How the brain impacts the ACL recovery process
- Why taking scheduled time off is important throughout the ACL rehab process (learn more about Milwaukee’s Best ACL Rehab Program)
- Robb answers the golden question, what he wishes he knew early in his career about working with athletes recovering from an ACL injury and he shares his best piece of advice for athletes recovering from and ACL injury
Whether you are an athlete that is currently recovering from an ACL injury or you are a clinician that works with athletes coming back from an ACL injury, you are definitely going to get a lot out of this episode.
Not sure where to start? Schedule a free 15 minute consultation with one of our doctors of physical therapy!