Increasing Clubhead Speed with Josh Koch
In this episode, I am joined by Josh Koch, a professional world long drive competitor and golf instructor. Josh is one of the fastest human beings on the planet with a golf club in his hands, with clubhead speeds exceeding 150 mph!
I love every opportunity I have to sit down and chat with someone that is one of the best in the world at their craft because I always learn something. Even if you are not a golfer or interested in long drive, you will take something away from this episode.
Josh and I cover:
- His golf story and how he went from college golf to world long drive
- How to gain speed in the golf swing
- What players do wrong when they chase speed gains in golf
- His opinion on whether increasing clubhead speed relates to golf injury
- What he learned rehabilitating a serious neck injury last year
- How he structures his training week to avoid fatigue on his speed day
- The role of overspeed and underspeed implements in golf
- How he uses eccentric training to improve performance
Josh is an awesome guy and a world class athlete so this was truly a unique opportunity to learn how he approaches his craft.
Josh also gives lessons in Wisconsin at The Practice Station during the summer.
At Kinetic Sports Medicine and Performance we help golfers improve their body to play better golf and play without pain. Contact Us today to learn more about our golf specific programs.